cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed_Elagami
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello beautiful people.

I hope you guys are doing great, I am working on a formula that determines Time (no of dates to be added to ) A start point ( Material receive date)

So We are working on localization the titles that we have:: Some of them need En Dubbing others need Ar subtitling only, other need nothing.
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 7.22.31 PM

So This image above, shows how I can indicate which titles need what to be processed.
There are some rules estimation for each process, to be taken in consideration this calculation is on 45 Min for each asset

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 7.15.26 PM

So Depending on those Hours given for each episode (45 Min ) Ave
I would like to get the Delivery Date for each title depending on the processing time for each title. to add up on the delivery date.

Please put in mind:
Media transcoding and Ingesting are A Must
On: Is upon selection
After: Compliance is a must

I have this base shared it has all details

Thanks for your help in advance. Let me know if you need anything else, please
Ahmed Elagami

1 Reply 1

Hi @Ahmed_Elagami,

This really nice challenge. What I got is that based on Localization fields’ values which are stored in process column you want to calculate the average hours. For the calculation you use the values on hours column is that right?

My recommendation for that case is the following steps:

1. Create a new table structure to store your data like the following:
  • 3 columns: “Pre” “On” “after” in each you will store your process values (you use single select field)
  • Formula field that will return the hours based on process values. In the formula you can use SWITCH() function that will return for example 3 if the value in “Pre” is “Media Transcoding”
  1. Then you have to crate a function that based on hours values will run the calculation for the final time. The formula has to include the weight rate based on process value that you can import is in the formula by using switch again.

If I didn’t get right what do you try to do many apologizes but we don’t have access to a specific base to see more about the issue.

Thanks