Help

Re: Can I create a formula to auto fill Primary Columm in Table 2 from a field in Table 1?

Solved
Jump to Solution
655 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KerryH
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure I'm over thinking this process so I apologize in advance if this is obvious to most.

I have a field in Table 1 which when data is entered, I'd like that data to automatically create a new record in the primary column of Table 2.

Table 1 is my ideas bank and when I have created a  "Working Title" (field name in Table 1) for that idea, I'd like the title to be automatically added to Primary Column in Table 2, thus creating a new record.

Really hope this makes sense.

Any help appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi Kerry, if I were you I'd:

1. Create a link between Table 1 and Table 2
2. Create an automation that would, on creation of a record in Table 1, create a record in Table 2 and link it to the triggering record
3. In Table 2, add a lookup field to the "Working Title" field from Table 1
4. In Table 2, change the Primary Column to a formula field, and make it display the lookup field from the previous step

This way any changes you make to the "Working Title" field in Table 1 will reflect in Table 2 automatically

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi Kerry, if I were you I'd:

1. Create a link between Table 1 and Table 2
2. Create an automation that would, on creation of a record in Table 1, create a record in Table 2 and link it to the triggering record
3. In Table 2, add a lookup field to the "Working Title" field from Table 1
4. In Table 2, change the Primary Column to a formula field, and make it display the lookup field from the previous step

This way any changes you make to the "Working Title" field in Table 1 will reflect in Table 2 automatically

KerryH

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Done and working like a dream. Greatly appreciate your help.

Kerry