cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leo_Flint
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello lovely community!

I have a table [Assets] with new entries being created based on video assets in a dropbox via a make(integromat) integration. thats working nicely.

each file ends with a version tag “_v2205181930” which is _v YY MM DD hh mm - which i can extract, read and convert to a date format that airtable understands.

each file auto-links itself to an entry in a [Main] table using a 3 digit ID number. this also works nicely.

if i have two entries in [Assets]

101_SomeRandomWords_v2205181930.mov
101_SomeRandomWords_v2205182000.mov

both linked to entry “101” in [Main]

i want for any entry in [Main] that has more than one linked asset, to compare the date tag in each, find which is the newest and for any older entires tick a checkbox column called “Old”

I cannot for the life of me work out how to achieve this having tried mutiple formulas, lookups, rollups and even poked aorund at scripting [not my area of expertise]

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

See the response here:

See also this episode of BuiltOnAir where this type of setup is covered: BuiltOnAir Podcast Season 8 Episode 2 - YouTube

Instead of it being a Checkbox field, it would be a formula where IF({Latest Date} != {Date}, "✔")

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

See the response here:

See also this episode of BuiltOnAir where this type of setup is covered: BuiltOnAir Podcast Season 8 Episode 2 - YouTube

Instead of it being a Checkbox field, it would be a formula where IF({Latest Date} != {Date}, "✔")

Thank you @Kamille_Parks very helpful!