cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Russell_Booker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!

I’m trying to simply show the aggregation of two lookup fields into a third column while keeping the linked values.

Concatenate will de-link the data as it only works with text values- how do I carry the link through concatenate? Is there a formula or AirTable workaround that will join data without losing the links?

4 Replies 4
Mark_Lewis1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to solve the same issue, did you end up finding a solution?

Hi @Mark_Lewis1,

Welcome to Airtable Community !

You have 2 scenarios here:

1. Are both values linked to the same Table?

2. Are both values linked to different tables?

I assume it is the latter?

In this case a work around would be to do the following:

1. In the Tables you want to Link from, create a Field called Record URL, you will create a link to this record using the URL to the table and RecordID(). So the formula would be something like

https://airtable.com/tblCia60En5GONbn/viwJGm2vkEyq7TInn/”&RecordID()

1. In the table where you want to Link to, you will create 2 new Fields (or one for each record you want to concatenate), Lookup the new field you did in the other Tables.

2. In a final Concatenate field, concatenate both URLs. Now you have the records that are linked to this record in URL forms.

It’s a work around but it might help.

BR,
Mo

Mark_Lewis1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Mohamed_Swellam

Thanks for your reply! I’m actually looking for option 1.

I have 3 types of ‘attendance’ that I’m currently tracking in three separate columns in table A, I would like to be able to combine these with links into a single column in table B.

Cheers,
Mark

Tom_Monks1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Mark_Lewis1, did you ever find a solution for this? I need to do the same thing