cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max_Murphy
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to apply some logic to some of my fields that get automatically filled by a web hook API by Zapier. For instance, when one of our staff submits a form, the data will be sent to Airtable and then a sequence of actions will happen. My question is this: how can I get a value of one field to change the parameters of another? I.e. if field 1 labeled “Service Type” contains Google Ads, I want field 2 labeled “Team Group” to automatically assign a tag called “Search Team”. Basically, if “Google Ads” then “Search Team”. I just don’t know how to correlate this formula because there are multiple selections for field 1 that would all need different ‘answers’ from field 2… if that makes sense.

Please let me know if you can help my situation!

Best
M

1 Reply 1

Hi @Max_Murphy - does this work for you?:

Define a “services” table which links services to teams:

Then in your main table set up Service as a linked record and Team as a lookup on the services table:

Now, when you select the Service you want to the Team field is automatically populated.

I’m not sure if this works with the API, i.e. if you populate “Service” using Zapier does the team get populated automatically (and I can’t test this now), but worth trying.

JB