522 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRM_Vol_Assist8
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello all!  I am trying to add up all volunteers signed up for a given shift, and I am having a bit of trouble figuring it out.  I've tried multiple approaches and I am running into a wall.  Please Help.

Can I use a Rollup field in 'Table 2' to add up the number of people signed up in a # field named '# of Vols' in 'Table 1' that signed up for one or more of a possible 7 time slots? The time slots are in a multi select field in 'Table 1' named: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (4/6), 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm (4/6), 5:00 am - 7:00 am (4/7), 6:30 am - 9:00 am (4/7), 8:30 am - 11:00 am (4/7), 10:30 am - 1:00 pm (4/7), and 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm (4/7). Those time slot names are also the unique Identifier field in 'Table 2'. If multiple time slots are selected, the formula should add the value from "# of Vols' into each time slot selected. 'Table 1' is named 'Event Volunteer Tracker', 'Table 2' is named 'Event Shift Tracker, and the multi select field in 'Table 1' for the time slots is named 'SHIFT TIMES'

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Micki_O_Neil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Your best bet is to create a table with all the shifts. Then, instead of using a multi-select field for the shifts selected, make that field a linked record field, and select the records for the corresponding shifts. Then use the count function to count how many volunteers per shift.

(You can make this change quickly by creating a new table and inserting a new field linking to that table on the Volunteers table. Then just copy the field with the current shifts selected into the new field. It'll automatically create the linked records.)

Hm, what if you used an automation to paste the multiple select values into a linked field, and then used a count on that instead?

Link to base

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 12.03.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 12.03.24 PM.png