274 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K_B1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a Long Text column in my table with a lot of text, likely 20K plus pages. I used formulas to clean this text, removing undesirable characters, extra spaces, etc.  Is there any way to copy the contents of the Formula column back to the Long Text column, so that the Long Text column will ahve clean but editable data for future use? While I can copy and past some smaller data sets, when I tried to copy and paste this column, I get a 'too large' error.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

One easy way to do this would be to just convert the formula field to a long text field. 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

One easy way to do this would be to just convert the formula field to a long text field. 

Interesting!  Does it fail when you use an automation to copy paste it over too?  Maybe using an automation bypasses the character limit or something.  Any chance you can provide the text you're trying to paste into a longtext field via DM or something?

My immediate assumption is that your end result should have a lower character length than your original text, and so pasting it into the original field should be fine. Are your formulas adding anything to the text?  

K_B1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think I understand what you mean.  If I write a formula like this Trim(DESCRIPTION), it does indeed work fine. The problem is, it isn't editable. What works is converting that field into long text, then renaming it.  It's a bit onerous, but works.