Help

Re: Copy value from one table to another if record has matching multi-select option

Solved
Jump to Solution
450 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spencer_Kier
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to map specific job roles to job categories. "Open Roles" in Table 1 has the specific roles, and Table 2 has the mapping between the categories and the roles. If "Open Roles" has a matching option in "Old Role", then I want to add the "New Role" value to the "Open Role Categories" field in Table 1.

Worth noting that "Open Roles" can have multiple options and may need multiple mappings.

Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 12.27.15 PM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Seems like you could get this done with a linked field

1. In Table 2, make your primary field contain the "Old Role" values
2. In Table 1, convert that multiple select field into a linked field to Table 2
3. In Table 1, create a lookup field to display the "New Role" value from the linked field from step 2

This should do what you're looking for I believe

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Seems like you could get this done with a linked field

1. In Table 2, make your primary field contain the "Old Role" values
2. In Table 1, convert that multiple select field into a linked field to Table 2
3. In Table 1, create a lookup field to display the "New Role" value from the linked field from step 2

This should do what you're looking for I believe

That worked thanks! Did you have to convert the table type back and forth after doing this or else the Linked Record showed the same multiple-select option more than once. But this did the job! Thanks.