807 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJ_Francis
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! I have a field in every record for zip code (number field) I am looking to have a sheet to count up how many records I have in a specific zip code. Interfaces can give me a chart on the zip count but I can not figure out how to get a table of it. I can group by zip code in the table by I need that data in it’s own table.

3 Replies 3

Hi JJ, if I were you I’d duplicate the zip code number field, and then convert the duplicated field into a link field to a new table. Then I’d create a “Count” field to get the count

I’ve set it up here for you to check out

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 12.12.23 PM
Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 12.12.25 PM

Thank you for setting this up to show! My concern is getting the records into the count field. I would have to add each record with that zip code? I have thousands of records and always adding more daily. I am looking for a way for them to automatically add them or count them?

Hey JJ, we could do this with an automation that pasted the value from the zip code field into the linked field maybe? Depending on the Airtable plan and how many zip codes we enter a month, this may not work though; for example, the free plan only has 100 automations a month

Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s any other way to have this data automatically counted and output into a table. I guess we could possibly change the workflow to populate the linked field instead of the number field, but just imagining doing that makes me tired

If you only need to see the counts and don’t need to manipulate them, maybe we could use the pivot table app?
Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 10.47.11 AM