Help

Re: Create a Time Tracker using a formula to count how many times a record appears. Please help!!

247 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HGDay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am setting up a new system for our company to track our projects and record how many days each designer has worked on a project and, equally, how many days a project has been worked on. 

The calendar view doesn't work for us, as date ranges don't work here. 

We also don't want to have to fill in time sheets anymore, we just want the table to calculate the number of times a record (project) appears in the design schedule. 

The rollup function isn't working here to add up each instance of a record.

Can you help me figure out how to set this up so that the "Projects" table, and the "Design Schedule" table link to count up how many times a project appears across the 5 days. Ideally it would be great to figure out how to show how long each person has spent on each project but ultimately the goal is to work out how much time has been spent on each project total. 

I don't know much about functions and their language so I assume this is where I will need the most help! 

Thank you! 

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, given the way the base is set up, I take it there are 5 linked fields in the "Projects" table as well, one for each day of the week?

If so, try creating one "Count" field per day and then creating a formula field to sum that all upScreenshot 2024-06-13 at 11.18.39 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 11.18.42 AM.png
Link to base

Hello @HGDay 
If the things suggested by @TheTimeSavingCo  is not works then use Junction Table between Projects and Design Schedule Table. Junction Table Google Search