5840 10
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brittany_Sigler
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! I’ve been a casual user of AirTable for a few years now, but at my current new job I’ve decided to spread the gospel so I’m building my first bases from scratch. Turns out not as easy as I thought!

I have two tables, one tracking external companies (let’s say table 1) and one tracking internal programs (table 2). Both have columns identifying “population” and “condition”. These multi-select columns contain the exact same dropdown options. I would like to create a column where, If condition AND population from table 1 = condition AND population from table 2, table 1 would get checkbox checked, and table 2 would get the relevant company linked. Right now I’m manually linking the company name when this occurs which seems really unnecessary.

Similarly, I have a third table tracking tool requests (let’s say table 3). If tool in table 1 = tool in table 3, I’d like to link the company name from table 1 into table 3. Again, I’m doing this manually now. I’ve gotten kinda close with this one, with this formula: IF({Tool type}=({Partners seeking:}, “ :white_check_mark: ”, BLANK())… but I’m getting the checkmark for matching blank boxes (where I just haven’t input the information yet).

Any help would be appreciated! I’m sorry if this is a simple question and I’m just noob. Feel free to link to other convos on the same topic if I’ve missed them!

10 Replies 10

Wow @W_Vann_Hall thank you so much for taking the time to write this all out. I’ve never used Zapier, but the ability to automate sounds appealing.

I didn’t have time to play around implementing this today but I’ll follow up if I have any questions! Regarding the first “easy” question, thanks for taking the extra step if both fields are multi-select – they are!

I’ll provide some feedback after I work through this. I’m excited to try this out and show my boss :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: