Help

Re: Creating formulas with linked fields?

Solved
Jump to Solution
313 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leslie_Engel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello AT community!

I have a question regarding creating formulas.

In my base I have 2 tables: a recipe table with each ingredient in its own field, linked to my ingredient table. In the ingredients table I have several single select fields for each allergen that a particular ingredient contains.

So let’s say I want to summarize the allergens in my recipe for lemon meringue pie.
I’m using a frozen pie crust that contains dairy and wheat, allergens which are indicated as “yes” in their respective fields in my ingredient table, plus eggs (another allergen). Back in the recipe table, I would like to summarize all the allergens present in my recipe for lemon meringue pie, so I could easily look at the recipe and see that it contains eggs, dairy and wheat without having to go back to the ingredient table and look at each ingredient individually.

Is it possible to create a formula to summarize all the allergens present in my recipe, within the recipe table? I’m an AT newbie so not entirely sure how to go about doing this.

Thanks!

21 Replies 21

Hi @Leslie_Engel, Yes, Integromat can have a steep learning curve because it is loaded with tons of functionality — I’m still learning new things about it every day! if you’d like to hire me to help you setup your Ingreomat automations, that’s what I do for businesses! I am a professional Airtable consultant! :slightly_smiling_face: Feel free to send me a private message to discuss more.

Sounds good, thank you!