cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shayan_Saalabi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

I have a project management base with a series of dates for different stages of the production process. I want to have a series of corresponding “Function” fields that would flip to “Past Due” when a deadline passes. I am very new to Airtable and have had difficulty with writing date-based formulas.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey @Shayan_Saalabi, welcome to the community!

You can use a formula like the one below for this. Note that I used Deadline as the field name (you’ll see it referenced within curly brackets) so you’ll need to adjust that based on the name of your date field.

IF(
   AND(
      {Deadline},
      NOW()>{Deadline}
   ), 
   "Past Due"
)

Here’s an outline of the formula logic:

• If the {Deadline} field has a date entered
  • And that date is after the current date/time (signified by the NOW() function)
  • Then show the message “Past Due”
  • Otherwise, showing nothing

Hope that helps! I’d also recommend browsing through our formula resources here in our support center.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey @Shayan_Saalabi, welcome to the community!

You can use a formula like the one below for this. Note that I used Deadline as the field name (you’ll see it referenced within curly brackets) so you’ll need to adjust that based on the name of your date field.

IF(
   AND(
      {Deadline},
      NOW()>{Deadline}
   ), 
   "Past Due"
)

Here’s an outline of the formula logic:

• If the {Deadline} field has a date entered
  • And that date is after the current date/time (signified by the NOW() function)
  • Then show the message “Past Due”
  • Otherwise, showing nothing

Hope that helps! I’d also recommend browsing through our formula resources here in our support center.