Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Date Conversion for Concatenate

Topic Labels: Formulas
240 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Morning AT Community,

Would love some help on how to convert the date in the primary column (which is named Interactions in the screenshot). I am attempting to combine the name of the contact, type of interaction, and the date of the interaction into the name of the primary field. I get how to use Concatenate how to do this, but have tried every conceivable DATE_FORMAT method I can think of, and nothing gets me what I want - which is for the date to match the “When” field.

Thanks in advance.
Date conversion problem

4 Replies 4

Show what your formula is.

CONCATENATE(Contacts," - “,Type,” - ",DATETIME_FORMAT(When,“MM/DD/YY”)

that is one of the ones I have tried.

I also have one where I added a ) at the end

The general concept is correct. But you have a variety of different quotation marks there — some straight, some curly. They all need to be straight. And you would definitely need the extra parenthesis at the end or else you no longer have a valid formula that won’t even allow you to save it. Also, try to reduce the complexity of your formula by using the & symbol instead of the CONCATENATE function like this:

Contacts & " - " & Type & " - " & DATETIME_FORMAT(When,'MM/DD/YYYY')

That worked! Thank you!