Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecosystemc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need help creating a formula.

Basically I need this to do this:

If there is an extension marked yes than the move-out date changes to how many day per the extend plus the move-out date. Ex if there is an extension original move-out date was 1/1/23 and there was 30 day extend the new date would be 1/31/23.

If there is no extension then move-out date is move-out date. Ex: 1/1/23 is move out no extension then 1/1/23 stays the move-out. 

I would think this formula is it but it is not. 

IF({Is there an extension} = "yes", DATEADD({Lease End Date} + {If there is an extension how many days approved}, "days"), IF({Is there an extension} = "no", {Lease End Date}))
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey @ecosystemc,

The reason for not working could one of the following or a combination of them: 

- the {Is there an extension} field has "Yes" as option and in formula we added "yes" the text has to match 100%
- the field {number of days} is not a number but a text field, or a lookup field. 
- the field {Lease End Date} is not a date field

Could you check with those please and if it doesn't work please share some screenshots of your setting with the fields we use in the formula.

Yours sincerely,
Dimitris Goudis

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hey @ecosystemc

I would recommend to use the following formula where you have to replace the {Number of days} with the field that has the number of days to add. 

if ( {Is there an extension}= "yes",
    DateAdd( {Lease End Date}, {Number of days},"days"),
     {Lease End Date}
)

For any kind of question please do not hesitate to text back.

Yours sincerely,
Dimitris Goudis 

Date did not change. 

Hey @ecosystemc,

The reason for not working could one of the following or a combination of them: 

- the {Is there an extension} field has "Yes" as option and in formula we added "yes" the text has to match 100%
- the field {number of days} is not a number but a text field, or a lookup field. 
- the field {Lease End Date} is not a date field

Could you check with those please and if it doesn't work please share some screenshots of your setting with the fields we use in the formula.

Yours sincerely,
Dimitris Goudis