Help

Date from a formula comes out very ugly - how do I fix this?

Topic Labels: Dates & Timezones Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
546 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BL1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey all - I'm running a formula column with a lot of IFs in there. Only 1 out of the 6 possible responses returns a text field, the rest are date fields.

The dates come out in a very ugly way, this is how it looks: 
2023-07-12T23:06:37.000Z

It basically makes it impossible for me to use / property view.

After some playing around with it, I've understood that the issue here is with the fact that one of the values returned is a text field.

However, the way I have the formula and the intended use. Unfortunately, I can't do anything else but have a text in one of the IF's (since it's the if true, not false, that I could just leave empty).

I've tried using the time parse formula like this: DATETIME_PARSE(the if formula), but the result is an error.

How do I make this work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pressGO_design
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Try making a new formula field that takes the output of the IF statement and see if the formula below works

DATETIME_PARSE(DATETIME_FORMAT({Date}, ‘MM/DD/YYYY’))

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
pressGO_design
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Try making a new formula field that takes the output of the IF statement and see if the formula below works

DATETIME_PARSE(DATETIME_FORMAT({Date}, ‘MM/DD/YYYY’))

Thank you! That works. Is this the only solution, or is there any way to do this without making a new column?

You should be able to put the whole IF formula where the {Date} is and have it work. Theoretically, anyway.