850 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaRena_Reece
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am having trouble with a formula. I need to bring back an exact minute time but cannot figure out how to make it read the minutes in this equation. Can someone help?

AIRTABLE Formula Issues

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

You’re welcome!

That formula actually isn’t correct — you’ll want to remove the DATEADD function, since you’re not adding anything.

This is the formula that you will want to use, and I also removed CONCATENATE as well to make it even easier to read:

DATETIME_PARSE((Date & " " & {Start Time}),"YYYY-M-D h:mma")

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @TaRena_Reece!

You can pull the minute out of a Date field by using the MINUTE function.

So a formula using the MINUTE function would look like this:

MINUTE({Date Field})

That will yield you an integer number that you can then work with in your formula.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

the problem is I don’t know where to plug in the MINUTE({Date Field}) in the nested If statement above to make it calculate correctly.

What are you trying to accomplish with your formula?

I was trying to bring the date column and start time column together in a formula where it returned the exact dates and times in a single column that I had input into two. It is quicker to input data in times and dates in separate columns that to have to stop and use the calendar input buttons. But I found a solution from another user on another platform that worked. Here is the formula he provided. Thanks!

DATEADD(DATETIME_PARSE(CONCATENATE({Date}," ",{Start Time}),“YYYY-M-D h:mma”)

So much easier than the nested IF statements I was trying to use. Thank you for your quick responses today. I am sure I will have more questions for you as I learn more about this fantastic Airtable world. It had opened up a whole new set of possibilities for me and my company. Thanks

You’re welcome!

That formula actually isn’t correct — you’ll want to remove the DATEADD function, since you’re not adding anything.

This is the formula that you will want to use, and I also removed CONCATENATE as well to make it even easier to read:

DATETIME_PARSE((Date & " " & {Start Time}),"YYYY-M-D h:mma")