528 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GVM_Admin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a list of holiday dates, and I need to determine if today is one of those dates. So far I’ve figured out how to check today against a single date, but not against a list of dates.

However, there’s also a problem with checking the date. If I use this formula, I get the correct response.

IF(
IS_SAME(
TODAY(),‘11/22/2022’
), ‘HOLIDAY’,“NULL”
)

BUT, I need to know if TODAY() is equal to the holiday date for different timezones. If I perform a DATETIME_FORMAT with SET_TIMEZONE, then it sets the date to yesterday. And if I use NOW() as the basis for the comparison, it won’t just check against the date, it seems to also want the time.

So, question is two-fold: 1) How can I compare today’s date with a specific date in different timezones in order to determine if today is a holiday in that timezone? 2) How can I compare today’s date to a list of dates?

Thanks for your help!
-Shawn

1 Reply 1

Unfortunately this can't be done with Airtable's available formula functions. There aren't currently any functions that allow for the same operation to be run on a collection of items (dates, strings, etc.). This could be done using a script, but that would be a bit more involved (writing the script, choosing how that script would be triggered, etc.)