337 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_JJJ
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I am creating a workflow with 12 tasks for a client tour. 4 tasks are due 30 days before the tour, 4 tasks are due 7 days before the tour and 4 tasks are due 7 days after the tour. Each task is a checkbox field. I’d like to create a conditional format that shows the record is “red” if any of tasks go past their due date without being checked “complete”.

Here is how I can do it:

1. Create a new field called “All On Time?”
    1. Use a long IF statement with OR (check all 12 tasks) and AND (box is unchecked and deadline has passed) to check all criteria against their due date
    1. If any of the 12 tasks are not done on time, the field will display “Late”, otherwise it will display nothing

Then I will use the Color formatting to make the record red if the new field says “Late”. If anyone has a more elegant solution, I’d love to hear it!

Thanks,
Chad

2 Replies 2

Hi @C_JJJ,

Welcome to Airtable Community ! :slightly_smiling_face:

This seems like the best solution actually. Maybe if you separate them with 3 due dates fields it would make thins easier?

BR,
Mo

C_JJJ
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks. It turned out to be easy to do in one formula, I started with the AND first, then the OR conditions. I wrote the formula in an MS Word doc so that each conditional statement was a separate paragraph. As an excel user (not a coder), I didn’t realize writing the formula in a text document first, then copying into AirTable, makes formula building much easier!