cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesper_Holmstro
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey guys

I have a brain drain problem with how I should set up a dynamic date formula, I have 2 tables in a base, one for odd weeks and one for even weeks. They both just contain 5 records, one for each workday. I have separate fields where the current date is shown, current weekday, current week number and if the current week is odd or even (it shows 0 for even and 1 for even). Now to the tricky part.

I want to show in a field in the even table (week 50), lets say today Wednesday the 14th of dec. I want todays date to be visible in that field, on Tuesday the 13th should be visible and on tomorrow the 15th and so on. And I also want if the dates in the odd table shows next weeks date, and then when it becomes an odd week the even table updates the dates to the week after the odd. Any of you geniuses have a solution in mind?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It seems I managed it working.

Andrey_Kovalev_0-1671183673796.png

Calendar formula

IF(Today <= Date, Date, DATEADD(Date, 14, "day"))

Date formula

DATEADD(Today,Autonumber-WEEKDAY(Today),"day")

Today formula

Today()

See Solution in Thread

21 Replies 21
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@Jesper_Holmstro , hi there! Is it what you expected to get?

Andrey_Kovalev_0-1671031372168.png

I will explain later if it is in the right direction.

Hi @Andrey_Kovalev yes that looks as it could do the trick?

Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

So, Autonumber field is used to increment the date.

Date formula is

DATEADD(TODAY(),Autonumber,"day")

Name formula is

DATETIME_FORMAT(Date, "dddd")

Week formula is

WEEKNUM(Date)

Odd Even formula is

MOD(Week,2)

Hi @Andrey_Kovalev sorry but that didn't do the trick. Since there are 2 tables, one for odd weeks and one for even weeks they get the same date hence the auotnumber is the same 1-5. So I don't really know how to get forward

The formulas for the name, week and Odd even works fine. 

Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

What is the reason of having two separate tables for odd and even weeks?

I sort of need the autonumber to change every day so the dates are up to date?

Its 2 different sides in the user interface made for clients.

I made a mistake in Date formula. Instead of TODAY() a fixed date should be used, otherwise the date would shift every new day

DATEADD(DATETIME_PARSE("2022-12-14"),Autonumber - 1,"day")

@Jesper_Holmstro wrote:

Its 2 different sides in the user interface made for clients.

Do not get the idea. Creating two different views on the same table would not work?

Ok thanks @Andrey_Kovalev I test with the new formula, the idea is that its different API reading from the tables, it may work with views, I got to test with the api and the system that reads it.

It seems that the week formula shows the wrong week? there is no week 53 in 2022?

Found it, you have to tell the formula to start on Mondays so the week formula should be

WEEKNUM(Date,"Monday")

Hi @Andrey_Kovalev , The formula doesn't work like I want to, maybe I explained it wrong. The 2 weeks calendar should be "rolling", i.e today the 14th will after midnight local time change the date to Wednesday in 2 weeks time, the 28 th. Any ideas would be much appreciated?

Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Are you going to keep older records or replace them with new ones? Do you mean the 14th to be replaced with the 28th OR do you mean that after the 14th next comes the 29th in your calendar?

HI @Andrey_Kovalev , thank you for your time. There are just 10 records (2 weeks of workdays) , the 14th will be replaced with a new date, just a date change when passing midnight on the right day. As you see in the picture I now use the same table for both odd and even weeks. So the 14th should have changed date to 28th yesterday midnight because its the next upcoming even Wednesday.

@kuovonne do you have a genius idea up your sleeve?

Best regards

Jesper

Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I can't imagine how to achieve your goal without automation. It seems I can go through the cycle, but have no idea how to fix Monday as a first record.

Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It seems I managed it working.

Andrey_Kovalev_0-1671183673796.png

Calendar formula

IF(Today <= Date, Date, DATEADD(Date, 14, "day"))

Date formula

DATEADD(Today,Autonumber-WEEKDAY(Today),"day")

Today formula

Today()

Hi @Andrey_Kovalev Yeah that might work, I will test it right away!