Help

Re: Edit and Replace in one Multipe Select Field?

780 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sylvie_M
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi I am new to Airtable… big learning curve. I am using it for Shopify with the Shopify App Airpower for bulk uploading including images! (Amazing !).
However I am changing themes and need to add to the text in my multiple select field.
example. I use tags… so in a single field my current tage are formatted with a underscore… I have 20 tags…: color_blue, color_green, size_7", size_9", shape_tube, shape_slant, skirted_vinyl

I need to keep the existing “tags” for now (during the transiton of themes) but for my new theme I need all the same tag but WITHOUT the first workd and underscore
example: blue, green, 7", 9", tube, slant, vinyl…

how can I creat an automation? I am not proficient in formulas other than excel.

Please help! Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You can change the tag names by editing/customizing the field configuration. However, you cannot have both the old names and the new names at the same time in the same field.

If you want to create a new field with the new tag names, duplicate the existing multi-select field (including field values), and then edit/customize the field.

You do not need an automation or a formula.

Sylvie_M

Hi thank you! So if I make a new field how can I bulk update so everything before the underscore and the underscore is removed?
Color_blue becomes blue, size_7" becomes 7"?
if I do a find and replace what is the symbol for no space? ^ Thank you.

You update the field configuration by customizing the field. You must edit each choice in the field configuration individually. However, you do not edit the records individually.

Sylvie_M

Of course!!! Thank you!!!