2176 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zac_Traeger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to use a formula or some other work around to find the most recent date across 4 rollup columns? See photo. I'd like the left column to then show the most recent date, the 4 columns are different donation platforms and it'd be helpful to summarize that info to one single column showing most recent date regardless of the donation platform. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don't recommend using a formula that involve the TODAY() function. That function can be resource intensive because it recalculate every few hours even if no other data has changed.

I recommend the formula described here.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Step 1: Calculate the most recent date as the number of days before today. I called mine "Most Recent Date of All"

MAX(DATETIME_DIFF({Date 1 Rollup},TODAY(), 'd'), DATETIME_DIFF({Date 2 Rollup},TODAY(), 'd'), DATETIME_DIFF({Date 3 Rollup}, TODAY(),'d'))

Step 2: Subtract that number of days from today

DATEADD(TODAY(), {Most Recent Date of all}, 'd')

Here it is in one big happy formula

DATEADD(TODAY(),MAX(DATETIME_DIFF({Date 1 Rollup},TODAY(), 'd'), DATETIME_DIFF({Date 2 Rollup},TODAY(), 'd'), DATETIME_DIFF({Date 3 Rollup}, TODAY(),'d')), 'd')

Zac_Traeger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

getting closer! Thanks. It appears that the expected behavior works (day +1) when both columns have data, but when there is data in only one or the other then the result is todays date. 

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don't recommend using a formula that involve the TODAY() function. That function can be resource intensive because it recalculate every few hours even if no other data has changed.

I recommend the formula described here.

Thanks for the info about the TODAY() function. I didn't know that. Appreciate it.