565 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey_Brandt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have two columns that currently have the same fields.

Column 1 is a synced column. Column 2 is a copy of Column 1, and we are asking collaborators to go into the base, and add or remove items from Column 2. In Column 3, I want a formula to show me all the items that were added or removed in Column 2 - mostly so we can track those changes and make sure nothing was removed or added incorrectly. Any thoughts on how to do that? Thank you!!!

2 Replies 2
Zollie
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Since you’re saying “items” are being removed from Column 2, I’m assuming the the values in Column 1 are either comma separated, multi-select, or linked records.

Formulas unfortunately don’t do well with complex logic associated with iterating through and/or analyzing lists of data like that. You’d probably be better off writing a script that could be run via a button in the Apps panel. So you’d run that, wait a few moments, and that would populate the correct values to column 3.

Yes, the items in Column 1 are comma separated, and they are linked records in Column 2. It’s unfortunate that I can’t write a formula, but thanks for the suggestion on a script - I’ll look into that!