cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessica_Fox-Thi
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,
I am trying to create an average based off of letter ratings.
For example, I have a table of individual’s projects which has a column with a grade or rating for that specific project. It can be A, B or C.
In a linked table for the individuals, I have a column which has all their grades/ratings in the one field. So one may just have an A and another may have B,C,B, and another A,A,B,B,A.
I would like to have a formula field which will take the group of grades/ratings for each person and averages them. I don’t care if the result is a letter average or a numeric average.
If I were a teacher, I guess this would be equivalent to getting each students GPA based off of just letter grade entries.
Each formula i try, i get an error…I feel like i’m missing something very obvious.
Thank you!

13 Replies 13

I’m so sorry. I think i’m getting closer!
So i copied what you said and have the rollup field now in ACTORS. but every entry in the rollup field has come back with NaN. How do i copy some of this for you to see what i’ve done?
If you’re ready to give up on this, it’s ok :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you doing the average of a Field that contains numbers?

About sharing: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/205752117-Creating-a-base-share-link-or-a-view-share-...

Jessica_Fox-Thi

Yes. The rollup average in ACTORS is based on the field in AUDITIONS that contains numerical values.

Isn’t NaN related to Blank fields?