Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Otto_Automator
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Greetings! There is a formula for getting the ID of the current table record:

RECORD_ID()

Is there a formula or mechanism for deriving the name or ID of the current table? Such as:

TABLE_ID()

or…

TABLE_NAME()

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Otto_Automator

For those following this thread, here’s the step-by-step solution documentation page 

And here’s a video showing the completed process in-action  

Thank you to everyone for your assistance! -- Sal Soghoian

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Ron_Daniel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Not sure if this will apply to your specific situation, but when I write a JavaScript for the Scripting extension, I define the variable "table" using 

let table = base.getTable('TheNameOfTheTable');

*Just substitute your table's name in place of TheNameOfTheTable

Thank you Ron for your suggestion, but it's not quite what I need.  I'm attempting to dynamically create an Omni Automation script URL, stored in the table, that when tapped will dynamically meta-tag the selected graphic in OmniGraffle with the record ID and table name of the current row in the AirTable table. The RECORD_ID() function provides half of the required metadata, and I'm looking for a generic way to derive the table name without having to specify it per table, so I can use the same formula for any table.

Once a graphic has been meta-tagged in OmniGraffle, I have another Omni Automation script that uses the stored record ID and table name to construct an AirTable URL to retrieve the other record field contents to populate the graphic layout — in other words, and example of tagged container publishing!

The scenario works currently if I manually insert the table name in the formula, but then the formula is not generic. Make sense? Thanks again! -- Sal

Here's a video showing this scenario in action on iOS and macOS: 

Otto_Automator

For those following this thread, here’s the step-by-step solution documentation page 

And here’s a video showing the completed process in-action  

Thank you to everyone for your assistance! -- Sal Soghoian