1900 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhonda_Coats
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have searched Airtable Help and Google and haven’t located a solution for the following issue:

I have created simple formulas in Currency and Number fields. The results are always rounded up. I’ve tried different options (Integer, decimal places) but they made no difference.

How do I get Airtable to show the correct result without rounding up?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Now why is the Advertising showing as a Currency not as a Formula?

When you do the Formula, go to the second tab Formatting and choose the decimals

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8

Hi @Rhonda_Coats,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

If you dont want the numbers to be RoundUp, then use the format Decimals with as much decimal points as you need.

BR,
Mo

Rhonda_Coats

Thank you so much for the welcome!

I tried what you suggested but it didn’t work. The results of the formula are still rounding up.

Can I see the formula then? And an example of the numbers would also be great.

Rhonda_Coats

Yes, and thank you for taking the time to look at this.Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.31.56 AM Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.32.47 AM Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.33.07 AM Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.33.22 AM Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.33.30 AM

Hmmm this is weird. But what is the number of total advertising and total units sold? I mean, is it when divided it gives a while number or should there be decimals?

Rhonda_Coats

there should be decimals, the result is $18.57, not $19.00 even.

Now why is the Advertising showing as a Currency not as a Formula?

When you do the Formula, go to the second tab Formatting and choose the decimals

How do I solve this if it's not a formula I created? I just have a simple Sum appearing in a group filter. It only gives 1 decimal. where would I change it to 2 decimals?

DTheus_0-1702570512944.png