1373 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holli_Younger
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I’m working on a P/L table to find the revenue per job. I’m running into a roadblock trying to figure out how to get the percentage increase or loss per job to show a more accurate %? No matter how I change the percentage set up (1, 1.0, 1.00 etc). See below of my current table - suggestions are appreciated.

image.png

Here are the formulas I am using:

Overhead:

Net Income:

Gross Profit Percentage :

4 Replies 4

Hi @Holli_Younger - two issues I can see:

• Your net income formula is subtracting numbers except for the overhead value which is a percentage. This is being ignored by the formula
  • On your Gross Profit Percentage formula you can just do:

{Net Income} / Income

And format the result as a percentage - no need to multiply by 100

JB

Thank you @JonathanBowen I got the Gross Proft Percentage to show up correctly (I double checked the math and see what you mean the overhead isn’t being calculated). How do I calculate the percentage from the overhead show it reflects more accurately?

Hi @Holli_Younger - I"m guessing you set the overhead at 22.01% of the Income, is that right? If so you could change the overhead formula to be:

{Income} * 0.2201

and format as currency. Now that the overhead is a number/currency field your net income field will include it too.

JB

Holli_Younger
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Perfect! Thank you!!!
You explained it so well, I learned why it was not working and how to fix it. I appreciate that!