Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronni_Eloff
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you @ScottWorld for your assistance with the first part of the formula

While that fixed one issue - it introduced another issue

I know that the results are showing in my time zone, but I don’t want my time zone to be used - I want the client’s timezone (Pacific for the particular request)

5 Replies 5

You can use the DATETIME_FORMAT with SET_TIMEZONE to display a date/time in a specific time zone.

DATETIME_FORMAT(
  SET_TIMEZONE({Start Time}, 'America/Los_Angeles'), 
  'M/D/YYYY h:mma'
)

See the formula field reference for more info.

Hi @Ronni_Eloff,

You can write a formula that forces a time to Pacific Time Zone like this:

DATETIME_FORMAT(SET_TIMEZONE({Your Date Field}, 'America/Los_Angeles'), 'M/D/YYYY h:mma')

You can learn more about time zones with my sample base & training video here:

Lol, I didn’t see @kuovonne’s reply above because I was typing this on my iPhone — but great minds think alike! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have already on formula so we can do the duration changes without having to manually calculate when the session will end. We have 6 hours of programming to program per event - So I want to be able to make a template base so the programming team can quickly do the multitude of event planning.

Currently on End Time we have:
DATEADD({Start Time}, {Duration}, ‘minutes’)

I do not see how incorporate

DATETIME_FORMAT(
SET_TIMEZONE({Start Time}, ‘America/Los_Angeles’),
‘M/D/YYYY h:mma’
)

on {End Time} and I have tried the standard excel formula style - first action (The adding on duration) goes first, then the modification of the time to set timezone would go second.

You should create a new formula field. Your existing DATEADD formula calculates the end time, which is stored as a date object in GMT time under the hood. Create a new formula field with DATETIME_FORMAT to format that date object as a text string if the date/time in the desired time zone.

DATETIME_FORMAT(
  SET_TIMEZONE({End Time}, 'America/Los_Angeles'), 
  'M/D/YYYY h:mma'
)