Help

How to Create Interdependent Conditional Field Logic (Similar to Excel)

Topic Labels: Formulas
399 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tahir_Jetter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey All,

I know that Airtable is based off of fields and rows, so it's inherently different, but I wonder--similarly to excel, Is there any way to set up a formula in Airtable so that if 'x' condition is present in field 'a' and 'y' condition is present in field 'b', then field 'c' will display as 'z' for the corresponding row?

For example, can I say, if budget is < x amount or > y amount, budget size should display "Big" "Little" or "Small?"

Then, based on the info under budget and budget size, could I input logic that says, "If Budget is < 'x' amount or > 'y' and 'Budget Size" is 'x' 'y' or 'z' then What to Do should display 'a', 'b' or 'c' for a under that field?

Please help! Thanks!

Sample Table.pngBudget Size Single Select Contents.pngWhat To Do Single Select Contents.png

1 Reply 1

Sure, that’s possible. You need to use formula fields, though, not single select fields.*

The first formula would be nested IF() statements and the second formula would be nested IF(AND)) statements.

* if you absolutely must use single select fields, you would need to use an automation or a script to do this, not formulas.