Help

Re: How to delete a Category Table and Rearrange them?

752 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benny_Kounlavou
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Does anyone know how to delete a Category. I accidently created one.

My other question is how to rearrange them. I don’t see any functions on how to.

Thanks again, and I apologize if I am using the wrong terms.

2 Replies 2

If by ‘Category’ you mean a field (column), you can click on the drop-down in the column header and select ‘Delete field.’ If you mean a table, it’s the same thing – except click on the table drop-down and select ‘Delete table.’

For rearranging, Airtable typically uses drag-and-drop: Click on the thing you want to move, hold down the mouse button, and drag it to where it should go. (Sometimes you don’t click on the thing itself but on the thing that looks like the ‘6’ on 6-sided dice.)

If those miss the mark, describe in a little more detail what you need to do, and we’ll try again.

Benny_Kounlavou
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for the reply. I was able to delete a record by right clicking on it. I was able to delete a table by deleting all the recordings in it.

I am trying to reorder my Tables, they have “Category” in small words above the name of the table. There is a lock symbol above it and its in the first column row called “Name”. When I hover over the lock it says:" This is the table’s primary field It cannot be hidden or moved." I am guessing that means I can’t rearrange it sadly.

I read some other thread and I suspect I may have to export it, rearrange it, then import it.