Jack_Hegarty
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Example:

I have 3 fields, 1 multi select, and 2 checkboxes

• Reason - Summary: Multi-Select
  • Reason - Wedding: Checkbox
  • Reason - Vacation: Checkbox

What I want to do is be able to update the value of the multi-select field based upon the checkboxes that correspond to an option.

For instance:

IF( {Reason-Wedding} = 'True"),
THEN(select “Wedding” from {Reason} options)

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.58.35 PM

If this is easier done upon importing the record using Zapier could you please point me in the right direction.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Jack_Hegarty,

Welcome to Airtable Community ! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

You cannot change the blue of a multi select field based on a formula. You can however use the IF formula and get the result you need.

As for the Zap, this depends how the data is coming. You can make 2 zaps, each for a different view, one for Wedding and one for Vacation. It will be that if a new record comes to this certain view, choose this item from the list (you would actually not choose it from a list on the Zap, but rather write it and the zap will paste it in the field, and since the item exists in the select options, it will be chosen automatically given it is the same spelling and capitalization)

BR,
Mo

Jack_Hegarty
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Mohamed_Swellam does this make more sense:

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.58.35 PM

I want to be able to select an “Options” from the left - based on the value of checkboxes on the right.

Yes @Jack_Hegarty , that is what I understood. Seems there was a typo in my answer, I meant you cannot change the value (not sure why it was corrected to blue :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: )

So either change the multi select to a Formula or use ZAP.