Help

Re: How to prefill form with 2 linked fields?

Solved
Jump to Solution
709 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YC1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi community!

I am building a job site with Webflow and using Airtable as the database.
Note: Job site not job board, which means the candidates will apply on the same site, instead of linking them to the company’s “jobs” page, as Job boards do.

With the tutorials I saw online, including the one by @Aron, the “Apply Now” button links to an external site.

With my Job site, I’m linking it to an Application form, where I need to prefill 2 things: The Company and the Position.

I currently have a “Job Posts” table, a “Candidates” table, and a “Apply now” form/table.
Every Job Post has an associated “Apply Now” URL which can be customized to have either the company name or the position prefilled (whichever is the primary field).
The “Apply Now” form links to the “Job Posts” table and picks the primary field.

I need both: the company name and the position to be prefilled into the form. How do I do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi there!

Try this…

"https://www.airtable.com/sharedviewid?prefill_Field1=" & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Field1}) & "&prefill_Field2=" & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Field2})

You can keep repeat this pattern for any number of fields. Just remember to use an ampersand “&” instead of a question mark for all prefill parameters after the first one :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope this helps!

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi there!

Try this…

"https://www.airtable.com/sharedviewid?prefill_Field1=" & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Field1}) & "&prefill_Field2=" & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Field2})

You can keep repeat this pattern for any number of fields. Just remember to use an ampersand “&” instead of a question mark for all prefill parameters after the first one :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope this helps!