Help

Re: I have Total pay (Currency) earned in one column and duration field in another. How do I calculate my hourly rate per record?

Solved
Jump to Solution
280 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh_Madrid
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have Total pay (Currency) earned in one column and duration field in another. How do I calculate my hourly rate per record?

I have only seen how to calculate total pay if you already know the hourly but in this case, I already have the duration and total payout but just need to find out what that means per hour.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Julian_E_Post
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Josh!
This is very easy to do. When you reference a duration field in a formula, Airtable provides the value in number of seconds. Then you need to divide by 3600 to get hours. So if the pay column is called “Pay” and the duration column is called “Duration”, the formula in a new column “Rate per hour” would be:

Pay/(Duration/3600)

P.S. you can format a formula to show currency by going into the “Formatting” tab in “Customize Field Type”

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Julian_E_Post
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Josh!
This is very easy to do. When you reference a duration field in a formula, Airtable provides the value in number of seconds. Then you need to divide by 3600 to get hours. So if the pay column is called “Pay” and the duration column is called “Duration”, the formula in a new column “Rate per hour” would be:

Pay/(Duration/3600)

P.S. you can format a formula to show currency by going into the “Formatting” tab in “Customize Field Type”