cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Everyone,
New to Airtable and enjoying it so far. I couldn’t find help on this and I am guessing there’s a better way to do this. Appreciate your help in advance.
I want to followup in 10 days if a checkbox is checked, or 30 days if it isn’t. Here is an elaboration of the condition followed by the formula that gives an error:

If the checkbox {A} is checked, {B} < 10 days “Looks Good” else “Needs Check In!”. However, if the checkbox is not checked, {B} < 30 days “Looks Good” else “Needs Check In!”

Here is the formula that gives me an error:

If ({A} = 1, IF(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(), {B}, ‘days’) < 10, “Looks Good”, “Needs Check In!”), IF(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(), {B}, ‘days’) < 30, “Looks Good”, “Needs Check In!”))

Thanks,
Sunny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Interesting… when I copied and pasted your formula into Airtable, it didn’t work.

But when I retyped it from scratch, it worked. I’ve seen this happen before — there might be an invisible character or a curly quote or an extra space or something that is throwing off Airtable.

As far as I can tell, the formula below (which now works for me in Airtable) is identical to your formula above. Maybe I’m missing something, and they’re actually different. Lol.

One change that I did make was that I removed the " =1" part because that wasn’t necessary. Also, if your field names are only one word, you don’t need the curly brackets {} around them, but I left those in for now.

Try copying and pasting this into Airtable and see if it works. Or try retyping it from scratch.

IF({A},IF(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(),{B},'days')<10,"Looks Good","Needs Check In!"),IF(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(),{B},'days')<30,"Looks Good","Needs Check In!"))

Hope this helps! If this solves this dilemma for you, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @sunny!

I haven’t played with this formula in Airtable yet, but the error message might be from the very first space that you have after the first “IF”.

In Airtable, all the function names (like “IF”) must be immediately followed by the open parenthesis, with no space after it.

So, this is good:
IF()

But this is not:
IF ()

Let me know if that solves it for you!

sunny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Dear @ScottWorld, thank you. That wasn’t it. (There’s no space in my Airtable formula)

Interesting… when I copied and pasted your formula into Airtable, it didn’t work.

But when I retyped it from scratch, it worked. I’ve seen this happen before — there might be an invisible character or a curly quote or an extra space or something that is throwing off Airtable.

As far as I can tell, the formula below (which now works for me in Airtable) is identical to your formula above. Maybe I’m missing something, and they’re actually different. Lol.

One change that I did make was that I removed the " =1" part because that wasn’t necessary. Also, if your field names are only one word, you don’t need the curly brackets {} around them, but I left those in for now.

Try copying and pasting this into Airtable and see if it works. Or try retyping it from scratch.

IF({A},IF(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(),{B},'days')<10,"Looks Good","Needs Check In!"),IF(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(),{B},'days')<30,"Looks Good","Needs Check In!"))

Hope this helps! If this solves this dilemma for you, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

@ScottWorld retyping it did it! Thank you so much, really appreciate it! :raised_hands: The simple joys of life :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha, that is awesome to hear! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: