1153 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
collinkriz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I've searched and can't seem to find a simple solution to this problem.

I have a multi-select column titled "Deliverable Owner" and there can be more than one person assigned as the Deliverable Owner.

Based on these deliverable owners, I would like to create a new column that is a formula, which segments deliverables into "Team A", "Team B", "Team C" or "Multiple Teams".

The formula ideally would work like this: If Deliverable Owner contains "John" and only "John" then assign "Team A", If Deliverable Owner contains "Ashley" and only "Ashley" then assign "Team B"...etc...and then last if Deliverable Owner contains multiple names, then assign "Multiple Teams".

Is there a simple way to achieve this? Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2
pressGO_design
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

The formula is 

IF({Deliverable Owner}="John", "Team A", IF({Deliverable Owner}="Ashley", "Team B", IF(FIND(",", ARRAYJOIN({Deliverable Owner})), "Multiple Teams")))
kschhajed
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

How to handle in case where we have 1 option as a string subset of another, i.e. 1 option in multi-select is John and other option are Johnny, JohnnyR. If I use above formula and want to print something when I see only 'John', the find doesn't work. It includes Johnny and JohnnyR too.