cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justinxen
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have two tables within the same Base.
Table A is a list of yarns and has a column Length which is the total length (integer) of yarn available for the yarn named in that row.
Table B is a list of patterns and has a column Length of Pattern which is the total length of yarn required for that pattern (integer).

What I am trying to do is take the individual Length and compare it to all of the Length of Pattern entries and then return a Concatenated list that shows all of the patterns Name of Pattern that are <= Length.

I've tried creating a linked field, with a lookup that shows Length of Pattern, but I can't work how to make it automatically search across all of the possible entries and return the result I need.

Is this actually possible (not the end of the world if not)?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hm, you could do this via an automation I think.  The automation would trigger from Table A and have a "Find Record" action that would look for all the records in Table B which had a "Length of Pattern" value <= the "Length" value from the triggering record

It would then have an "Update Record" action to update the triggering record with the concatenated list you mentioned (or link them maybe?)

You could also do this manually but it would be a pain and involve you linking all the patterns to each record in Table A one by one

See Solution in Thread

Justinxen

I'm going to give this a shot and see how it goes. Thanks for the direction 😀

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hm, you could do this via an automation I think.  The automation would trigger from Table A and have a "Find Record" action that would look for all the records in Table B which had a "Length of Pattern" value <= the "Length" value from the triggering record

It would then have an "Update Record" action to update the triggering record with the concatenated list you mentioned (or link them maybe?)

You could also do this manually but it would be a pain and involve you linking all the patterns to each record in Table A one by one

Justinxen

I'm going to give this a shot and see how it goes. Thanks for the direction 😀

This worked perfectly. Set the trigger up for any time the Length field was updated. It will mean updating all of the existing entries, but that won't take long and it will allow the list of usable patterns to adjust as the Length goes up and down.

Justinxen_0-1680876707425.png

Thanks Adam 👍