539 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack_Cooney
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an if statement that adds 2 different types of fields together (Lookup and Currency). I cannot format the lookup field to become a currency field and I think that because of that, I cannot do any mathematical operations between the 2 fields. Is there a work around to this? I’ve tried concat-ing a “$” in to the Lookup but no such luck.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the response. I was able to solve the issue by using BLANK() in my IF() statement instead of IF(TRUE,“X”,""), which must’ve allowed the field to be considered a number instead of text. I appreciate the help, too @kuovonne

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hi @Jack_Cooney - If the lookup field is a currency (or number) in its origin table, then you should just be able to add it to another currency field in the 2nd table:

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 21.25.03

Here my total is:

Price + Currency

(then total is formatted as currency).

A couple of things you could check

• is the lookup field a number/currency in its table?
  • What is the IF statement you are using? If the statement gives out mixed results, e.g. a number in one scenario and text in another, this could be the issue

Can you post screen captures of both the lookup field and the original field that is being looked up?

Thanks for the response. I was able to solve the issue by using BLANK() in my IF() statement instead of IF(TRUE,“X”,""), which must’ve allowed the field to be considered a number instead of text. I appreciate the help, too @kuovonne