cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulitta_Zito
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Newbie here so be kind :slightly_smiling_face:

This might have been asked before, but the only one i found that was a little relevant, the poster was asked a few times why he/she isn’t using the same table for their needs. So lets say i am insisting on using a few tables.

It is for inventory. I will create tables for example:

Available (featuring a column for manually entered/edited qty)
Incoming (featuring a column for manually entered/edited qty)
Outgoing (featuring a column for manually entered/edited qty)

I will have a main table for an ‘overview’ of the combined above qtys. There wil be a ‘Total’ column in this main table. In this main table, the qtys from tables: Available Stock + Incoming - Outgoing will be calculated if i can work out how to make the tables work together?

For example, in Google sheets or excel, a formula between sheets would be like: =‘ORDER LIST’!C116+‘SUPPLIER 1’!C9

So how to make a similar formula for Airtable? (Tried adding images for your reference but it won’t let me).

I feel like I’m going to be a regular here, because I always seem to want something customised as I suppose like everyone else, we operate in our own ways.

I normally LOVE working these things out in excel or sheets, and love a challenge like this, so i know i will get my head around it at some point, but in the meantime I will be a pain for a bit first…sorry in advance.

2 Replies 2
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi there!

Looks like you are on the right track! Here’s what I would tweak/add:

1. I would change your [Available] table to be called [Products], and link it to both [Outgoing] and [Incoming].
  2. Add a table for [Orders] and perhaps one for [Customers]

Your [Outgoing] table should be linked to [Orders]. Each record on [Outgoing] should be linked to one order, and one product. This will allow you to treat each record as a line item for a particular order.

You can then use rollups to get the {Total Incoming} and {Total Outgoing} values on the [Products] table, which will help you get {Total Available} calculated.

This is definitely a lot of information to cover, and I may not be explaining myself as well as I normally do :slightly_smiling_face: Maybe this example base will point you in the right direction. I hope this helps!

https://airtable.com/shr1a8wOVgKaxHCLo

Paulitta_Zito
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey! So sorry for the late reply. I haven’t been able to find that spare time to settle into this, as I know it will take alot of thinking…i tried to get my head around what you’re saying above, but alas, i have no idea how to ‘link’ to other tables…

I am taking a look around though…it’s 9pm here right now and after a few weeks of 3-4am nights, I swore i’d have an early one tonight so might have a play with it and see how i go, but tomorrow might check out some tutorials as I’m not understanding the ‘records’ and linking etc…, but i am adjusting what i can according to your directions now!

I see that i can link fields, but not a table to another table…so far!

Thanks for being so helpful and understanding of my daftness…!

EDIT: I THINK I GOT THIS! THANKYOU SO VERY MUCH!!! I WAS SO DAFT AND TIRED WHEN I READ IT EARLIER. WILL SEE HOW I GO…YOU SAVED ME SO MUCH…THANKYOU!