Re: Manual date before or after a timestamp

Solved
Jump to Solution
486 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m trying to make a formular to that’ll use certain information if it’s after a particular time stamp. However no matter what I do I seem not not be able to figure out how get airtable to tell me if a certain date is after another.

Sofar I’ve been trying variations of the following. Possible someone has an idea to what I need to do?

IS_AFTER(DATETIME_PARSE(‘22/1/2020’, ‘DD/MM/YYYY’),{Date stamp})

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

This is a proper formula, as in it returns 1 if the 22nd is after {Date Stamp}, and 0 if not (and #ERROR! if the date field is empty).

If you want to customize the return, wrap the formula in an IF() statement, or two IF() statements to return a blank cell if {Date Stamp} is empty like so:

IF({Date stamp}, IF(IS_AFTER(DATETIME_PARSE('22/1/2020', 'DD/MM/YYYY'),{Date stamp}), '22/1/2020 is after', '22/1/2020 is before'))

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

This is a proper formula, as in it returns 1 if the 22nd is after {Date Stamp}, and 0 if not (and #ERROR! if the date field is empty).

If you want to customize the return, wrap the formula in an IF() statement, or two IF() statements to return a blank cell if {Date Stamp} is empty like so:

IF({Date stamp}, IF(IS_AFTER(DATETIME_PARSE('22/1/2020', 'DD/MM/YYYY'),{Date stamp}), '22/1/2020 is after', '22/1/2020 is before'))

Thank you - it works