Help

Match records from different tables if they have a multiselect field option in common

Topic Labels: Base design Data Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
833 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefpist
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I'd like to ask people more advanced than me to see if there is a way to do this.

I have 2 tables: a Contact one and an Articles one.

Each one has a multiselect field that hold the same data: Contacts select their interest (i.e. Sport, Tourism, etc) and Articles are tagged based on their topic (Sport, Tourism, etc).

What I would like is to find the Articles for each Contact: a match would be considered if at least one of the Contact's interest matches at least one of the Article topics.

I found a way to do this via code in a script, but scripts have limitations and I have around 5k contacts and around 10-20 articles to search for. Ideally I would like to do this with formulas or linked records or something in the UI.

Otherwise I'll just resort to Make.com.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas!

Thanks,

Stefano

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Try:
1. Creating a new table called "Topics"
2. Converting the multiselect field in "Contacts" to a linked field to the "Topics" table
3. Converting the multiselect field in "Articles" to a linked field to the "Topics" table
4. In "Topics", create a lookup field that grabs the data you want from "Articles"
5. In "Contacts" create a lookup field that grabs the fields you created from step 4

Should do what you need I think

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Try:
1. Creating a new table called "Topics"
2. Converting the multiselect field in "Contacts" to a linked field to the "Topics" table
3. Converting the multiselect field in "Articles" to a linked field to the "Topics" table
4. In "Topics", create a lookup field that grabs the data you want from "Articles"
5. In "Contacts" create a lookup field that grabs the fields you created from step 4

Should do what you need I think