1434 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nedra_Hines
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello everyone! I have a formula (below) that calculates a Monthly Rental Fee Renewal Date that is 45 days out from the Staging Date. For one client, I want her date to be calculated at 90 days out.  How can I do that? I know I need an identifier field and I think Client Name is it (file attached). Thanks everyone!

IF({Total Monthly Rental Fee w/Tax}>0,DATEADD({Staging Date},46,'days'))client name.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AirBenderMarcus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey Nedra! Since formulas in Airtable apply to every row, you can't modify the one client directly, but you can make a new field that can override your default value.

Create a new number field and call it "Days to Renew" or whatever you'd like and then modify your existing formula to be:

IF({Total Monthly Rental Fee w/Tax}>0,DATEADD({Staging Date},{Days to Renew}+1,'days'))

This will make it so that whatever value you put in the Days to Renew field will be the number of days your date is pushed by. Now, let's add in another IF statement so that you can keep your default value of 45 days.

IF({Total Monthly Rental Fee w/Tax}>0,DATEADD({Staging Date},IF({Days to Renew} = BLANK(), 46, {Days to Renew}+1),'days'))

That says, if Days to Renew is blank, add 45 days. If it's not blank, increase the date by the number listed.

See Solution in Thread

It has been my pleasure. When I saw an auntie on here I knew I had to help!!!

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7
AirBenderMarcus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey Nedra! Since formulas in Airtable apply to every row, you can't modify the one client directly, but you can make a new field that can override your default value.

Create a new number field and call it "Days to Renew" or whatever you'd like and then modify your existing formula to be:

IF({Total Monthly Rental Fee w/Tax}>0,DATEADD({Staging Date},{Days to Renew}+1,'days'))

This will make it so that whatever value you put in the Days to Renew field will be the number of days your date is pushed by. Now, let's add in another IF statement so that you can keep your default value of 45 days.

IF({Total Monthly Rental Fee w/Tax}>0,DATEADD({Staging Date},IF({Days to Renew} = BLANK(), 46, {Days to Renew}+1),'days'))

That says, if Days to Renew is blank, add 45 days. If it's not blank, increase the date by the number listed.

Thank you! When I attempt to modify the existing formula, I get a message popup that says (image 1 attached). Is this okay? I'm sorry, I don't work with Airtable enough to be an expert. Which field do I enter the formula in image 2 (attached)? It sound like I need to enter it into the Days to Renew column, which is formatted as a number field. If so, then I need to change it to formula field. Thank you!1.png2.png

Don't apologize for not being an expert. We're all here figuring it out together!

You use my suggested formula to replace your original formula wherever that is.

As far as the popup, lots of times nothing will be affected but I'd look at the Automation configurations drop down to see if changing it will break the automation. I can't make that determination for you without the larger context but go ahead and Confirm Change if you feel comfortable. If anything does break, it can be fixed.

Thank you! I just want to confirm that I can combine both formulas you originally provided into the existing field (image attached)? Or just the last one?2.png

AirBenderMarcus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Just use the last one, which is the final version. The first formula was showing you the partial step to get to the final formula so that you could see the progression and hopefully help give context to what you're actually pasting.

😁😁I'm literally being like a kid on Christmas morning! It worked!!!! I'm grinning from ear to ear and soooo excited and thankful for your contribution. 

It has been my pleasure. When I saw an auntie on here I knew I had to help!!!