581 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carrie_Irwin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, my first post here.  I've tried to find similar posts to what I'm trying to do with no luck.  I am working in a product base and am using formulas to create product titles based off of multiple formula fields.  We have products with stones and without, and then we have different types (ie. pendants, necklaces, etc.) that depending on their values make up the title.  I have created the following formulas fields (which are basically concat formulas) and now need to create another formula to come up with the final title:

GG Title with Stone
GG Title No Stone
GG Title Pendants with Stone
GG Title Pendants No Stone

The logic would be:
If {Division}=GG and {Master Stone}="No Stone" and {Type}="Pendant", then use "GG Title Pendants No Stone"
If {Division}=GG and {Master Stone}!="No Stone" and {Type}="Pendant", then use "GG Title Pendants with Stone"
If {Division}=GG and {Master Stone}="No Stone" and {Type}!="Pendant", then use "GG Title No Stone"
If {Division}=GG and {Master Stone}!="No Stone" and {Type}!="Pendant", then use "GG Title with Stone"

I hope I am explaining this clearly.  I just need the formula with multiple conditions to make this happen.  I've been able to get formulas to work with just a couple of conditions but this one is really challenging me!

Thanks so much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pello
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Carrie,

Welcome to the forum! I understand how complex it can be to create a formula with multiple conditions. Based on the logic you've described, here’s a formula that should work for you:

IF(
    AND({Division} = "GG", {Master Stone} = "No Stone", {Type} = "Pendant"),
    {GG Title Pendants No Stone},
    IF(
        AND({Division} = "GG", {Master Stone} != "No Stone", {Type} = "Pendant"),
        {GG Title Pendants with Stone},
        IF(
            AND({Division} = "GG", {Master Stone} = "No Stone", {Type} != "Pendant"),
            {GG Title No Stone},
            IF(
                AND({Division} = "GG", {Master Stone} != "No Stone", {Type} != "Pendant"),
                {GG Title with Stone},
                ""
            )
        )
    )
)

This formula checks each condition you’ve outlined and returns the appropriate title. If none of the conditions are met, it returns an empty string.

I also noticed that you’re working in the jewelry business. We’ve had the pleasure of serving clients in the jewelry industry, where we’ve built entire ERPs in Airtable to help them grow. Our solutions are fully integrated with Shopify, tailored specifically to meet the unique needs of jewelry businesses.

I hope this helps! If you need any further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Pello

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7

Hiya, welcome to the community.

I'm not sure if I completely understand your setup yet.

What would a formula like this do?

{Division}&" "&{Title}&" "&{Type}&" "&{Master Stone}

Can you give an example of what you'd like the output to look like?

Justin Ng
Programme Coordinator at Sistema Aotearoa
https://www.sistemaaotearoa.org.nz/

Does this look right?
Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 11.29.31 AM.png

IF(
  Division = "GG",
  "GG Title "
) &
IF(
  Type = "Pendant",
  "Pendants "
) & 
IF(
  {Master Stone},
  "with Stone",
  "No Stone"
)

Pello
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Carrie,

Welcome to the forum! I understand how complex it can be to create a formula with multiple conditions. Based on the logic you've described, here’s a formula that should work for you:

IF(
    AND({Division} = "GG", {Master Stone} = "No Stone", {Type} = "Pendant"),
    {GG Title Pendants No Stone},
    IF(
        AND({Division} = "GG", {Master Stone} != "No Stone", {Type} = "Pendant"),
        {GG Title Pendants with Stone},
        IF(
            AND({Division} = "GG", {Master Stone} = "No Stone", {Type} != "Pendant"),
            {GG Title No Stone},
            IF(
                AND({Division} = "GG", {Master Stone} != "No Stone", {Type} != "Pendant"),
                {GG Title with Stone},
                ""
            )
        )
    )
)

This formula checks each condition you’ve outlined and returns the appropriate title. If none of the conditions are met, it returns an empty string.

I also noticed that you’re working in the jewelry business. We’ve had the pleasure of serving clients in the jewelry industry, where we’ve built entire ERPs in Airtable to help them grow. Our solutions are fully integrated with Shopify, tailored specifically to meet the unique needs of jewelry businesses.

I hope this helps! If you need any further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Pello

Thank you so much, it worked!  Now I can apply this similar formula to other scenarios in our base as well.  Thank you for the information on your background.  I will definitely keep you in mind if we need that kind of assistance.

Thank you for your response.  I was able to resolve it 🙂

Thank you for your response!  I was able to resolve it 🙂

Pello
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Great to hear! Have fun building in Airtable!