Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Multiplying a linked lookup (formula in original base) by a percentage field returning error

Solved
Jump to Solution
39 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abigail0102
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, 

I have a look up field which displays a value generated from a formula that lives on another base. I am trying to create a formula field that multiplies the value in the look up field by the percentage value in another field that is generated within the same base (i.e. is not a look up field).

I have tried the following:

"Look up field value field" * "percentage value field"

and then:

VALUE("Look up field value field") * "percentage value field"

I have tested the percentage field with a simple calc and it works. When I try anything involving the look up field it returns error so it is definitely the look up field thats the issue I think

Any hints appreciated 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Lookup fields are actually arrays, not numbers nor text. You can try converting it to a number by using this formula:

VALUE({Lookup Field} & "")

This should hopefully work, but note that it will only work if you just have one number in the lookup field.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Lookup fields are actually arrays, not numbers nor text. You can try converting it to a number by using this formula:

VALUE({Lookup Field} & "")

This should hopefully work, but note that it will only work if you just have one number in the lookup field.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Thanks for that, it worked 🙂

Glad I could help! 🙂