Help

Re: Need a field that reflects a number beginning with 01 based off a formula in another field

Solved
Jump to Solution
513 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitty_Matz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a field with a formula that calculates total days using this formula: 

IF({Status ✏️}="Unassigned", WORKDAY_DIFF({Create Date},TODAY(),'2023-09-04'), "N/A")
The formula works, but returns results of 1, 2, 3 etc., which when i try to use this column in a graph it does not sort correctly.  I need the results to be 01, 02, 03 to be able to sort in ascending or descending order or I need a field that reads the formula field and converts it to a number that can be sorted. 
Any suggestions are appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

It appears that the field is being sorted as a string type because of the "N/A" in the return value of false. If the return value is removed, the field should be sorted as numeric.

IF({Status :pencil:}="Unassigned", WORKDAY_DIFF({Create Date},TODAY(),'2023-09-04'))

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

It appears that the field is being sorted as a string type because of the "N/A" in the return value of false. If the return value is removed, the field should be sorted as numeric.

IF({Status :pencil:}="Unassigned", WORKDAY_DIFF({Create Date},TODAY(),'2023-09-04'))
Kitty_Matz

That was it - thank you very much.