Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Need help in Extracting particular String followed by word

Topic Labels: Formulas
254 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi ,

I am trying to extract particular Strings followed by word. for e.g

Date Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:45:50 PDT Build Version 1.1.22User ID ABC Issue Reported* this is for testing Actions Tried -------------Networking-----

I would need to Extract values followed by Date , USER ID and Issue Reported Fields. Length of User id value or the Issue reported may differ so I would like to take whole value followed by these keywords. MID will give me the value, starting value will be same always but as I dont know the end of String so dont know how to proceed with that.

Any help on the same would be Highly Appreciated

Note : Values might not be on the same line as shown above but there can be spaces between the field and Value

2 Replies 2

I just found this after answering the same question in a different thread. For future reference, it’s best not to post the same question in multiple places. It just adds clutter to the forum.

Also, your two posts were only a few hours apart, which can sometimes come across as desperate/demanding. If you start a new thread and it doesn’t get a response after a few days (not just a few hours), then maybe bump it with a comment.

Please remember that this is primarily a user-driven community. Unless someone’s name has “Airtable” next to it, they’re a fellow user, and every user is volunteering their time here. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Justin ,

Thanks for the feedback. I will keep this in mind. Actually I posted here first and then while going through different topics saw some similar posts so decided to post my comment there also. I tried to close this thread after getting response from you in another thread but I think it closes automatically , but yes I apologise and keep these things in mind for future.