cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Penny_Bell
5 - Automation Enthusiast
Hello,

I am having issues with adding additional advertising week options to the formula below. This formula works well:
IF(AND({Advertising Plan}, {Live Date}),SWITCH( {Advertising Plan},"4 weeks", DATEADD({Live Date}, 27, 'days'),"52 weeks", DATEADD({Live Date}, 364, 'days')))

But as soon as I try to add additional week options (I have already added them to the Advertising Plan single select field), I get the 'formula not valid warning'. This is what I am putting in:
IF(AND({Advertising Plan}, {Live Date}),SWITCH({Advertising Plan},"2 weeks", DATEADD({Live Date}, 13, 'days'){Advertising Plan},"4 weeks", DATEADD({Live Date}, 27, 'days'),"8 weeks"({Live Date}, 27, 'days',"52 weeks", DATEADD({Live Date}, 364, 'days' )))

Please let me know where my formula is mucking me up, I feel I am going cross-eyed after looking at it for so long.

Thanks
P
3 Replies 3
Grunty
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey, what kind of Switch is that ..!?

You're repeating the switching field {Advertising Plan} on every option.

I guess even the formula parser is getting cross-eyed. 👀

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Penny_Bell ,

It's easier to read like this, with line breaks and tabs for clarity.
Is 8 weeks 55 days right?

IF(
  AND({Advertising Plan}, {Live Date}),
  SWITCH(
    {Advertising Plan},
    "2 weeks", DATEADD({Live Date}, 13, 'days'),
    "4 weeks", DATEADD({Live Date}, 27, 'days'),
    "8 weeks", DATEADD({Live Date}, 55, 'days'),
    "52 weeks", DATEADD({Live Date}, 364, 'days')
   )
 )

Penny_Bell

Yes, I need a switch on every option. If there is a better way to do it please let me know.

Basically, the Advertising Plan needs to be one day less than the specific number of weeks. So 2 weeks is actually 14 days, etc etc