387 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Casey_Unrein
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am having trouble, where when I update one of the variables that should change the results of an IF statement, the formula as a whole doesn’t seem to be “rerunning” and I get stuck with the last result.

Example, I start with a {fabric release date/dates} of 05/16/2019 and I get a result from farther down this IF statement. I then change the release date to 05/16/2050 and the result remains the same. If I start fresh, it will recognize that the date is later than today and return “Fabric Not Released”, but it doesn’t seem to consistently refresh/rerun from the beginning of the formula.

What can I do? Is the a “hard reload” type action? Do I need to simplify the IFs?

IF({Retired?}=1,“Retired”,
IF({Model Completed Date}=0,“Unmade”,
IF(DATETIME_FORMAT({Fabric Release Date/Dates},‘MM/DD/YYYY’)>DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(),‘MM/DD/YYYY’),“Fabric Not Released”,
IF(DATETIME_FORMAT({Pattern Planned Release Date},‘MM/DD/YY’)>DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(),‘MM/DD/YYYY’),“Pattern Not Released”,
IF({SumOfStatus#}=0,“Available”,
IF({SumOfStatus#}=1,“Unavailable”,
IF({SumOfStatus#}>1,“Double Booked”)))))))

2 Replies 2
Casey_Unrein

I get the feeling it has a lot to do with the dates actually. Is there a way to convert dates to just numbers like in Excel?

Casey_Unrein

Found cleaner code. This seems like it should work better. I was actually having all kinds of troubles with it not knowing how to compare two dates via the greater than/less than signs.

IF({Retired?}=1,“Retired”,
IF({Model Completed Date}=0,“Unmade”,
IF(DATETIME_DIFF({Fabric Release Date/Dates},TODAY())>0,“Fabric Not Released”,
IF(DATETIME_DIFF({Pattern Planned Release Date},TODAY())>0,“Pattern Not Released”,
IF({SumOfStatus#}=0,“Available”,
IF({SumOfStatus#}=1,“Unavailable”,
IF({SumOfStatus#}>1,“Double Booked”)))))))