352 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afxveejay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi I am new to airtable and trying to figure out the formula, but stuck on figuring how to accomplish the following.  We have the following fields

Deal Value = X Amount

No of Payments = can be 1 or more 

• If its 1 = then we need the formula to be (Deal Value / 1) = goes in Payment #1 Amount Column
  • If its > 1 = then we need the Deal Value / No of Payments = go to multiple Payment Columns (Payment #2, Payment #2....... Payment #12) 

afxveejay_0-1677638944007.png

We have created multiple columns with a formula as Payment #2, Payment #3..... Payment #12 with the formula as {Deal Value}/ {No of Payments). However, if the No of Payments is 1, this scenario replicates for that row. We like to write a formula for the payment fields (2-12) which can derive the payment amount by 

IF No of Payments = 1, then "0" ELSE  {Deal Value/No of Payments) in the formula field. 

Any insights, what formula should I use for the payment fields to achieve this output? Thank you all very much. Veejay

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

I think you've pretty much got it figured out actually, the line you have in bold is exactly the logic you'd need

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 4.56.16 PM.png

IF(
  {No of Payments} = 1,
  {Deal Value} / {No of Payments}
)

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

I think you've pretty much got it figured out actually, the line you have in bold is exactly the logic you'd need

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 4.56.16 PM.png

IF(
  {No of Payments} = 1,
  {Deal Value} / {No of Payments}
)