464 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lolette
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am using Airtable to connect several different contact lists by locations. The primary column is based on a 3-digit country code. This same column is used to connect all the data from each list. I need to build different grids based on city, region, etc.

1. How can I setup different column/parents with several children?
    For example, ZAF is the country code for South Africa.
    Say Parent3 = Cape Town and Child1, Child2, Child3 are different areas in Cape Town.
    I need the LIST of children to auto-generate once I enter the parent in the previous field.
    Logic example: select continent (or enter) “Africa” > lists of country displays, select “South Africa” >
    new list displays, select “Cape Town” > new lists of displays, and I can select the final destination of “Cape Floral Region”.

2. How can I use this defining area to connect the grid sheets by locations. For example, if I have different category lists (schools, restaurants, properties, etc) and each list is a mixture of countries. I need to be able to filter the data to display all the contacts in the selected final destination.

In Smartsheet I could use a formula lookup, but I can’t get it to work for Airtable.

I tried to use the RE Listing Manager Template as a model: Real Estate Listings Manager Template - Free to Use | Airtable
The company grid has an agent column. I consider the company as the parent, with the agents are the children. The region (parent), and the list of destinations (children). But I can’t figure out how to build out.

Can someone please help me?
Image4

0 Replies 0