Help

Remaining Days between a release date and End of Year , Remaining Days between year start and End Date

Topic Labels: Formulas
589 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed_Elagami
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Folks, I hope you guys are having a great time.

I am working on a localization budget for a client , and they process payment per Episode not per title.
a title could start in 2021 and end in 2022, so we should process this in 2 separate times.

1- from release date ( Available field ) let’s say 1/10/2021 till end year 31/12/2021 ( End of current Year
2- From Start of the new year till the Last episode release date ( available field ) let’s say 18/2/2022 ( End of New Year for last eps date )

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 7.54.12 PM

We will be able to calculate No of days between the start and end of current year and calculate no of days between start of the new year till the last episode release date . I have added 2 new fields
1- Days before Year start ( should include No of days between the start and end of current year)
2- Days after Year Start ( Should include days between start of the new year till the last episode release date)
I will then convert those days against the total days between release and last eps date and make a percentage then I will replicate that and conclude a cost for both values.

Appreciate the help , Thank you in advance.
My Best

1 Reply 1

Hi @Ahmed_Elagami
I think I understand what you are asking for. Your formulas need to use both the DATETIME_DIFF() and DATETIME_PARSE() formulas.

If you have a date field (Release Date) and you want the number of days from that date until the last day of this year.

Use this formula

DATETIME_DIFF(DATETIME_PARSE('12/31/2022'), {Release Date}, 'days')